Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Words

My 2 year old's vocab has really taken off. This is not always a good thing. Totally makes you rethink how you react to different situations when you know the little one is going to mimic and repeat your words. It makes you proud when they show compassion to others. Makes you sad when you see yourself as they react in anger. Makes you love more than you thought possible. And gives you a new perspective almost daily. The following are my favorite things that he says:

"MOMMY!!!" That's after coming home from work or any other absence even if it is only 10 minutes.

"I love you, too mommy!"

"Bye, I'll miss you."

"Let's go walk and go on the blue slide"

"Does your back hurt? Can I kiss it and make it better?"

This past week he said something that made me cry and revamp the time I check e-mail, blogs, etc.

"Stop checking your e-mail mommy and look at me."

OUCH. I haven't been on-line during his waking hours again. It's not that I camp out at the computer. The lack of blog entries should speak to that. But his little mind perceive's that I spend a significant amount of time staring at this screen which in turn takes time away from him. Never again.

Gotta go.....I hear little feet coming up the hall.....can't wait to hear this:

"Mommy, I had a good nap!"

1 comment:

  1. I have heard you say the last one to me a hundred times, without the mommy.

    You are becoming such a mom in your heart. I love it. There is nothing sweeter than thinking about the way those words must sound from that little face.

    ReplyDelete