Friday, January 9, 2009

Par for the course.

I know the holidays had everyone running around crazy with little time for rest. I was looking forward to this week when I would have 4 consectuive days off, 3 of them with my husband. So why is it that at 5pm on my last day of work I start to feel the beginnings of a cold? Doesn't that just figure? I've spent the last 2 days off popping Tylenol and Benadryl and taking 3-4 hour naps. What's wrong with that, you ask? Not a darn thing other than looking at the Christmas ornaments still sitting on the table and getting tired of canned ravioli and peanut butter sandwiches cause I need to go to the store. Oh well, God knew I needed rest and He gave me the chance to take it rather I wanted to or not. I'm grateful that the boys have also let me rest. I didn't even have to give them benadryl!

Lord of Heaven and Earth thank you for my health. I know I am truly blessed with it. Thank you for the gentle reminders to take care of my body. Please, please, please, may I wake up tomorrow feeling 100% so I can enjoy a day with my family? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment